No, as far as I know, CIC will not open a placement cell in the foreseeable future.
It wasn’t meant to be a place for job seekers.
To all the aspirants reading this and asking about placements again, and again, know the difference between an innovation centre and a regular college that provides a B.Tech degree.
Cluster Innovation Centre focuses on RESEARCH and INNOVATION.
The main objectives of the Cluster Innovation Centre are:
- Encourage an environment of innovation in the system.
- Develop innovative degree programs.
- Educate and sensitize students, teachers by launching schemes on innovation programmes in colleges.
- Select ideas with potential by conducting training/orientation programmes/modules on innovation and researches.
- Develop ideas into innovative applications.
- Facilitate collaborations and partnerships with industry, academia and other stakeholders.
- Commercialise innovations and take them to the end users.
- Develop meaningful linkage with various segments of society.
The course encourages entrepreneurship skills in the students.
Even though CIC doesn’t have a placement cell, some students are placed, from the three courses, in the below mentioned companies on their own merit –
Source : Industry Outreach Cell
And the students who opted for higher education –
Source : NAAC Self Study Report