Edit 1 – There will be a single application form for both the entrance and merit based registrations.
The paper will be conducted on 21.06.2018 (tentative date). So that leaves with you 30 days of preparation.
First, understand that the level of the paper has increased, and I hope the paper should be tougher this year. There is a significant difference between the difficulty of 2016 and 2017 paper.
The general trend of the paper is multiple choice 100 questions in 120 minutes, with +4 for single correct answer and -1 for wrong answer.
So, working on your time management is very crucial to be among the top 20 candidates.
Here’s the plan I followed –
- Brush up your concepts using NCERT.
- Solve MANY questions in the remaining days, either following your coaching booklets , or you can buy a practice booklet of JEE. Trust me, the level of 2017’s paper was higher than JEE Main, and the time limit is less, comparatively.
- For a practice booklet, you can go for Disha’s Chapter wise DPP Sheets
- You can refer to Books for Final Preparation of CIC B.Tech. Entrance Examination
- For the rest of the paper, you can go through Course in Mental Ability and Quantitative Aptitude by Edgar Thorpe.
- [Optional] Solve the 39 years of IIT-JEE previous year questions.
- Finally solve the previous papers of CIC within stipulated time at the time of the original paper. Previous Year Papers of CIC Entrance Exam
- Revise the formulas for the rest of the days.
If you have prepared well for JEE Main and BITSAT, prepare more for the reasoning part as it is the part you may have more problems in. Maths part should be relatively easy for you.
Aim for scoring 300+ in the previous papers. These marks are more than enough to get rank 1, or top 10.
All the best!